The Couple's Massage: the 10 benefits, and why you should do it
There is a reason why couples massage has been around for such a long time. Couples need to spend a quality time with each other. Sometimes this can be hard when they are both pulled in different directions all day – either it is at work or dealing with children's schedules on top of their own problems outside the house.
A good way to relax after a hard day, dealing with the everyday stress, and to simply stay connected as partners, is to take advantage of our own bodies’ natural healing powers – by getting a massage from your loved one. On top of that using plant-based oils that will help rejuvenate us without depleting any energy stores from either person involved - it’s win/win! Here are the 10 benefits you'll experience from a couple’s massage:
Massage for Couples: the 10 benefits, and why your relationship needs it
1. More Feelings of Affection and Happiness
There are many benefits of a massage and one of them is the release of happiness hormones. Receiving a (good) massage will release dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin – which are the hormones responsible for happiness, bond and affection.
This in turn can help with stress-free communication, as well as improve your mood and promote social bonds between people who receive this treatment and those around them too! You may even find yourself falling more deeply in love than before--all thanks for touch alone!
2. Enhanced intimacyWhen couples share intimate experiences like massage, it can lead to greater emotional and physical intimacy. Interpersonal touch is important for enhancing intimacy in relationships. The human body was designed to form bonds with others, and massage can help strengthen these connecting ties between partners by increasing emotional connection while also improving blood flow which leads us towards feeling physically more connected.
3. Enhanced communicationCouples who get massages from one another tend to communicate better, both during and after, the massage. This is because the act of expressing yourself physically relieves stress, which in turn makes you feel closer to your partner through improved open-mindedness towards one another's opinions or desires regarding physical intimacy.
4. It acts as a Bonding Experience
Sometimes all you need to strengthen your bond with another person is some relaxation and fun. A spa day can help, but this option not always is readily available or even possible for everyone - unless they take their loved ones on vacation or stay-cation!
5. It reduces stressIn addition to the release of happiness hormones, studies have shown that massage therapy can significantly reduce cortisol levels, which is the hormone responsible for stress. The benefits of this are two-fold: not only do they experience less tension in their relationships, but these individuals also display more patience in their relationship.
6. Improved moodMassages not only reduce stress, but they also have antidepressant properties. It is never easy when one of you in a relationship needs some emotional help – this can cause a lot of unnecessary arguments and increased tension, but sometimes the best thing to do can be found just around the corner. A couples massage could offer an escape from all your troubles and give both parties relief from their discomfort.
7. Improved sleep quality
One study showed that participants who received a massage before bed slept better and woke up feeling more refreshed than those who didn't get a massage. Many people struggle to get a good night's sleep, and it often interferes with their ability to have happy relationships. Couple’s massages can help because they release endorphins that create positive feelings in loved ones as well as themselves!
8. Tension reliefWhen you're under stress, not only it makes you feel emotionally uncomfortable, also your body produces extra tension that can cause physical discomfort over time. Couples who go through the day feeling tense will benefit from getting couples massages because it helps them release that built-up tension. It's an excellent way for a relationship to get back on track and reconnect, so don't miss out!
9. Pain relief
Massages are well known for their ability to relieve pain. This is especially beneficial for couples who experience joint pain, headaches, and other chronic pains. Massages are a great way to release tension and alleviate pain. From the common backache, shoulder discomfort or headache that many people experience in their lives - massage therapy can offer relief for all kinds of ailments!
10. Improved circulation
When you get a massage, your blood flow increases and carries more oxygen and nutrients to your tissues. This improved circulation helps reduce inflammation, speed up healing, and give you more energy.
11 (bonus). It improves and strengthens your Relationship
Combining all the benefits of a massage we have covered in this article, and adding the element that the massager is your partner, it is safe to say, that the couple's massage is an effective way not only to feel better, but also to making your relationship stronger, better and more loving.
the couple's massage is a great way to spend quality time together, reduce stress, and improve communication. If couples want to take their couples massages up a notch, using an organic massage oil is a great way to do it. Plant based oils not only smell great, but they also have therapeutic properties that can benefit both partners.
Not only that, but couples who use plant-based massage oil will enjoy the added benefits of essential oils which can help to relax and improve sleep quality, reduce pain, and prevent injury.
Who wouldn't want all those benefits? Couples should definitely consider incorporating couples massages into their routine! Be sure to see our Luxury Massage oil for an even greater massage experience.
If you liked this article, be sure to leave a comment and check out our other articles for couples, or look around our store, where we offer many great games, and tools for couples for better relationships.
- Don'ts in a sensual couples massage
Play Feel Love
 Relationships - creating intimacy, https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/relationships-creating-intimacy
 Relax Your Relationship: 7 Incredible Benefits of a Couples Massage https://www.saratogasportsmassage.com/blog/127509-relax-your-relationship-7-incredible-benefits-of-a-couples-massage
 National Library of Medicine https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16162447/
 Massage Therapy Research Review, US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5467308/
 Positive Effects of Massage Therapy on a Patient with Narcolepsy, US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3666598/
 Stress effects on the body, American Psychological Association, https://www.apa.org/topics/stress/body
 Therapeutic massage for pain relief, Harvard Health Publishing Harvard Medical School https://www.health.harvard.edu/alternative-and-complementary-medicine/therapeutic-massage-for-pain-relief
 Increased Oxygenation, https://www.physio.co.uk/treatments/massage/physiological-effects-of-massage/cellular-effects/increased-oxygenation.php
Leave a comment