How Compliments can Make or Break your Relationship
*Tips are not sorted in any particular order.
Read time: approximately 12 minutes.
How Compliments can Make or Break your Relationship
Why do we need compliments at all?
The bottom line - compliments and praise make us feel better, make us think better of ourselves, help us form a closer bond with the other person, and can even help us achieve more in life.
Let us elaborate a little more
Compliments can lead to greater intimacy between you and your spouseMost people know that admiration is a great way to keep your relationship healthy.
Admiration makes sex more enjoyable and orgasms stronger
The research also showed that couples who are complimenting each other have sex more often than those who aren’t.
How to give compliments to your loved one?
So, we know that one of the most effective ways to strengthen relationships with your spouse is to compliment and treat them as you would want to be treated yourself.
They help us gain self-confidence and a deep sense of security. So, how to do it right?
Here are some simple ways to express praise to your significant other.
Know that praise can come in many forms
Start at the very basicsWhen it comes to compliments and improving your relationship the first thing you can do is to look at the positive traits that make up your partner's personality.
Learn to admire your loved one
Praise your loved ones' weaknesses too (but carefully)If you have observed that your partner has a quirk, you could try to accept it and change it to a positive, too.
Don't focus on the negatives
Know that you can improve at giving compliments
As a small addition to previous sections, remember you can start small and then improve.
Start by saying "I love you" more often, and then add something to create it as an appreciation, like tell her/him that you love how they take care of the kids.
30 Compliments for men
- Every time I see you, I notice how good you always look.
- You have beautiful eyes.
- You have such big, strong arms.
- You are very athletic.
- You smell magnificent.
- You are so handsome.
- You are my lover, my best friend, my everything.
- I love spending time with you.
- When you listen to me, I feel so heard and loved.
- I love it when you just reach out for my hand out of the blue.
- You never fail in putting a smile on my face.
- Everything about you is sexy.
- I appreciate everything that you do for me.
- I love being wrapped up in your sexy arms.
- Spending time with you is always a thrill in my heart.
- You really know how to make me laugh.
- I can’t help but smile around you.
- There's something about you that really turns me on.
- You seem to know how to fix everything.
- I am so proud of you.
- You are the best father to our children.
- You’re amazing at everything you do.
- I know that you can accomplish anything that you put your mind to.
- You’re always learning new things and trying to improve yourself. That’s amazing!
- Conversations with you are the best.
- I learn so much from you!
- I love how open-minded you are.
- You have such a kind heart. You are a born leader.
- You are so smart.
- You are a quick thinker.
30 Compliments for women
- You’re beautiful.
- You look so sexy today!
- You're perfect for me.
- Your presence is important.
- You make my heart race!
- You have such a big heart.
- You’re really great with kids.
- I am really impressed with how passionate you are.
- When I’m around you, I’m the best possible version of myself.
- You’re so good at remembering everything.
- You inspire me.
- Your most genuine and meaningful trait is attention to detail.
- You are an amazing wife and mom!
- You’ve taught me so much.
- What would I do without you?
- You always know just what to say to make someone else laugh.
- I always love spending time around you because you have such creative ideas.
- I love how you are willing to help someone out.
- I feel happy when I am around you.
- You are the best gift I have ever had.
- I love what you're doing in bed these days!
- You look great today.
- How did I get so lucky to have you in my life?
- Nobody makes me happier than you.
- You have such good taste.
- Your hair looks amazing today!
- You are my everything!
- You take my breath away.
- How do you look so beautiful all the time?
- You're the prettiest woman in the room!
15 Funny Compliments
- You’re like a corner piece of a jigsaw puzzle. Without you, I would be lost.
- I don’t know how I would get the pickle jars open without your big muscles.
- You know, you’re almost as wonderful as cake. Almost.
- In a world full of bagels, you’re a doughnut.
- Talking to you is the best part of my day, aside from when I'm sleeping and when I'm eating.
- You might be the primary reason for global warming. Because you are HOT.
- I know this is corny, but you are a-maize-ing!
- You could never be ice cream. Because you make me melt.
- You were cool way before hipsters were cool.
- I don't know why, but when you do embarrassing things, I find it very sexy.
- You’re so hot, I want to bake cookies on you.
- You’re definitely not someone who I pretend not to see in public.
- You are perfectly imperfect. And that’s just perfect.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, you’re an 11.
- No one is quite like you. You’re one of a kind!
As always, feel free to read other relationship tips and look around our store to find some thoughtful and sexy gifts for couples.
Leave a comment