With Valentine’s Day coming up, it is time to think about a surprise for our loved ones. You want to make sure that your gift will be special and unique – but how do you find the perfect one? Well, we have made things easier for you as we have compiled a list of 25 amazing gifts for couples that are bound to touch your hearts.
But first, you need to find out what your partner likes. Most couples go through a phase where their partner thinks about gift giving differently, so if you are caught in the middle of that change, it will be difficult for you to choose a gift. The best way is to just sit down and talk with your significant other about your preferences. Or, if you don’t want to ruin the surprise, you can ask your partner innocent questions that would reveal clues as to which gift could be the perfect fit. For example: "What would you think about [insert here the thing you are considering gifting]?" Their answer should give you an idea about whether you are on the right track – so keep that in mind when shopping around!
Next, make sure that your gift will say something about you. It is a gift from you to them, so it should leave no doubts as to how much you care. If they are not expecting the gift, all the better – but even in case they know it is coming, try to add a personal touch to it. The possibilities are endless, and it all depends on your creativity!
With that being said, let's not waste any more time and see what is on the offer:
Valentine's Day Gift Guide.
25 Sweet and Thoughtful gifts for couples
1. A fruit basket with wine
There is nothing like a romantic dinner in front of the fireplace with good food and wine to create an intimate moment. But why not add a touch of mystery by hiding a message in one of the fruits? Just use natural markers such as berries or spices to write down romantic messages that will keep them guessing. You can even include chocolates or taffy with romantic messages in them.
2. A romantic dinner at restaurantDinner for two is always romantic! Make a reservation at one of the local fancy restaurants, wear something classy and have a pleasant and memorable evening together. Handing your partner, a romantic note stating that he/she has to cook dinner with you will definitely put a smile on their face. Just make sure not to add anything spicy (because after the dinner the evening itself might become spicier), and don't forget about dessert - it should be romantic too!
3. An escape room experienceEscape rooms are great fun but they take things to the next level when you can enjoy them with your romantic partner. If you are not familiar with the concept, escape rooms offer an immersive experience where participants need to solve puzzles and riddles to get out of a locked room. Use this opportunity to bond while getting out of a tricky situation in a safe environment. If you think about it – it is very romantic.
4. A romantic picnic
If you have a romantic night planned, why not start it with a romantic picnic? Pack your favorite foods such as strawberries and chocolates in a basket and head outside your city to enjoy them together! You can even hire a musician to add an extra romantic touch or pick up some firewood so you can have a romantic evening under the stars.
5. Massage with luxury massage oilSurprise your partner with a sensual massage with our luxurious massage oil. This Valentine's day, give them the romantic gift of relaxation with the help of romantic scented candles, romantic music, and high-quality massage oil. Use gentle massage techniques to help them de-stress and relax all throughout the evening. Be sure to check out our natural massage oils here.
6. Chocolate tourChocolate is romantic no matter how or where you eat it but there are some places that are known for their chocolate production. If your partner loves chocolate, consider heading to a chocolate factory with them to teach them the basics of making chocolates, what ingredients make the best chocolate and why chocolate has romantic properties.
7. A romantic date at homeCreate a romantic atmosphere by setting up romantic candles all around you while enjoying a romantic evening for two. If cooking is not one of your talents, consider hiring someone else to cook the best romantic meal for two this V-day allowing you both to sit back and enjoy some quiet time together over candlelight while sipping on wine (or whatever drink you fancy).
8. Retro video games
The romantic thing about retro video games is that they allow couples from all walks of life to enjoy them together regardless of age, gender or experience. If both of you love certain games, consider hosting a marathon at home where you can play until one of you wins!
9. For your coffee addicted partner - new espresso maker
Who does not love a hot cup of coffee? Well, here is the perfect idea for your coffee-loving partner a new espresso maker! This incredible appliance will provide them with hot, custom coffee each day and is sure to be used every morning.
10. A Surprise trip
If you feel like being spontaneous about this Valentine’s Day, consider planning an impromptu trip for just the two of you. A surprise trip is definitely romantic and it doesn't require much (of course you can go all in and plan a bigger trip, but it can be also as small as to going to the nearest sightseeing spot)! Pack your bags and head to a romantic destination on a whim. You will certainly enjoy the special moments that come with travelling together!
11. Naughty printable coupons
Don't think that Valentine’s Day is only about expensive romantic gestures. There are plenty of ways for couples to spend time together romantically without spending a lot of money. For this reason, consider naughty coupons that let your partner know how much they mean to you! You can find some great printable games for couples here.
12. Cooking classCooking classes are always romantic because they allow couples to bond over food while learning something new together. Surprise your romantic partner with a romantic cooking class this V-day weekend. The romantic atmosphere and giggles that will ensue as you both learn new cooking techniques together is something very special and you will cherish it forever.
13. Explore. In reality, or over a conversation
What could be more romantic than exploring new places together? Take yourselves on a walk without any plan – just wander around your town, and go see places you have not visited.
Or, if you feel like staying at home, you can use your imaginations and plan your perfect adventure with our Travel Journal. You'll be able to cherish it for years to come. It will hold your 50 most romantic trips so you can relive your favorite memories together whenever you want.
14. Wine tasting
Everyone knows about wine but not everyone knows how to appreciate it properly. Organize a romantic wine tasting session where both of you get to learn about different types of wines and their history as well as discover new tastes for yourselves!
15. Painting class
Just because you can't paint doesn't mean that you shouldn't enjoy romantic painting classes! Find a nice painting class online or look for local artists that might offer private romantic painting experiences. Either way, you will enjoy spending time together while having fun and learning something new!
16. A photo trail (album)
For couples who love to travel, consider giving them a trip down memory lane in the form of a photo trail. Assemble all the photos you have taken in special places and in special moments together, print them out and create an album or picture book. Write little messages next to each image describing what was going on at that particular moment or how excited you were when you took it for them to see when they are flipping through the pages.
17. A personalized playlist
Couples who love music can create a romantic playlist using songs that have special meaning for them, whether it relates to the lyrics or if it is because they danced to it at their wedding. You can share this gift through social media or burn each other CDs filled with your favorite songs so you can take them anywhere you go. The best part – this does not cost a dime!
18. A love letterbox
If you are looking for a special way to give them your heart on Valentine’s Day, consider creating a small “love letters” deposit box where both of you can leave romantic messages that only the other person will have access to. If you are shy or feel awkward about writing something out, just write down little things your partner does that make you happy and why!
19. Concert tickets
If your partner is a music loving person, then the best thing you can give them this Valentine’s Day are tickets to see their favorite artist or band in concert! You can also splurge on VIP tickets however you like but always remember that if it is within your means.
20. Their favorite perfume or cologne
Another easy gift for this year’s Valentine’s Day is a bottle of their favorite perfume or cologne. There is something about having a really nice scent surrounding you that makes everything alright, don’t you think? Try to pick the one they seem to always use and this will be an evergreen gift idea!
21. A set of cozy slippers from their favorite store
If you are looking for a long-term gift, then cozy slippers from their favorite store make for an ideal option. Let’s be honest; no one does not love wearing comfortable footwear on chilly winter days! Even if they keep moaning about how lazy they seem to be, deep inside it is what they want to do – and everyone wants to be comfy during the cold season.
22. A love poem written just for them
If you are one to get excited over cheesy things that someone does for you, then get a romantic poem written for them! In case you are not confident about writing it yourself get a good friend to do it and get something custom made. It is not going to cost much but the effect will last forever!
23. Statement piece of jewelry your partner will cherish forever
A great gift idea is jewelry, as it can fit any budget and be personal. If you browse through some of the top brands out there such as Charles Krypell or Tacori, you will realize that they offer affordable pieces that look way more expensive than their price tag. And, of course, if you want to make a splash and impress your partner with an expensive gift, jewelry will provide you with this possibility as well.
24. A piece of wall art that reminds them of your love story
One of the best gifts you can give this Valentine’s is unique wall art that tells your partner how special they are to you. It could be a painting or just a simple drawing, but if done right it will surely bring smiles to their faces! As the old saying goes “It’s not about how much you spend, but rather about thoughtfulness” have fun with it and find something that will truly touch their heart on V-day!
25. A Romantic card game for couples
A romantic card game is the perfect romantic date for any romantic couple that likes spending time together. This romantic card game in particular is great because it allows couples to get to know each other inside and out! If you're looking for something a little less romantic, and more naughty consider playing Foreplay Game instead. Either romantic game will help you get to know your romantic partner better.